WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION?
Functional Nutrition takes the approach of considering food as medicine; having the capacity to either prevent or promote chronic disease development. It is evidence-based nutrition care tailored specifically to the needs of the individual and aimed at addressing the root cause of dysfunction (instead of masking symptoms). Numerous lifestyle factors, including nutrition, stress/sleep, environment, activity levels, medical history, laboratory markers and much more are considered in formulating a Care Plan that not only supports, but educates clients for sustainable, lifelong health and wellness.
OUR PROCESS FOR GETTING TO THE ROOT CAUSE OF YOUR AESTHETIC ISSUES
Order of interventions:
- Stress Management (proper self-care habits, motivational interviewing/counseling)
- Inflammation/Immune Response (whole foods diet approach with elimination protocol, if applicable)
- Meal/Snack Balancing and Timing
- Gut Health/Digestion (DIGIN) – Address with 5R Approach
- Liver Health/Detoxification
- Hormone Balance (Adrenals to Sex Hormones)